Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Current Obsessions, Vol. 1


Kelly Clarkson's newest single, "My Life Would Suck Without You" 

I haven't wanted to dance this much to a Kelly Clarkson single since "Since You've Been Gone." Clarkson's My December wasn't the greatest (although I did love "Never Again") so if "My Life Would Suck Without You" is any indication about the quality of the rest of her album, then I can't wait until All I Ever Wanted drops on March 17. 

Listen to "My Life Would Suck Without You":



Kate Winslet

So I'm actually always obsessed with Kate Winslet, but her incredible double-win at the Golden Globes has me so happy for her, that I couldn't leave her off this list. Moments like hers on Sunday are why I watch awards shows in the first place. She managed to have me in tears twice, and she forgot Angelina Jolie's name!

Watch her acceptance speech for Best Actress in a Drama:


*Hulu videos don't entirely fit on this site. I'm trying to figure this out, but they work fine for now.


"Senor Macho Solo," 30 Rock

Last Thursday's 30 Rock made me realize how much I had missed it over Christmas Break. There was a lot to love in this episode, especially guest star Peter Dinklage, whose character Liz asked on a date to make up for the fact that she first mistook him for a child. But my favorite moment came late in the show when Kenneth was warming up the TGS studio audience. The last thing I expected in this episode was a throwaway Teen Witch reference. Top that! And watch the clip below:




"Benefits," How I Met Your Mother

Season 3's finale hinted at Barney having feelings for Robin, and the first episode of Season 4 confirmed that Barney was, in fact, in love with her. But then we didn't hear much about it throughout the season...until now. Monday's episode gave us our heaviest dose ever of Barney's unrequited love, and Neil Patrick Harris delivered both a comedic and heartbreaking performance. Watch the episode here, and pay special attention to Robin and Barney's scene toward the end of the episode. Then sigh with me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah, now, why is Buffy not on the all-time favs list? Lol, at least Firefly made it. And does Dr. Horrible count?

Anonymous said...

i was more into "reading a magazine" on Monday rather than Barney/Robin-your brother